Dallas, TX Emergency Dentistry
Dental emergencies are stressful, painful, and frightening and we try to makes it easier to handle even the most frightening dental emergencies. While we trust patients’ judgment, some of the most common dental emergencies we see include:
- Avulsed (knocked out) teeth
- Broken, chipped, cracked teeth
- Lost, broken, chipped, cracked dental restorations
- Severe toothache
- Soft tissue lacerations
During any dental emergency, we offer same day appointments whenever possible and walk patients through first aid to keep them safe until they arrive at our practice. Here are a few simple first aid tricks patients should know:
- Keep any damaged areas clean and free from foreign debris to avoid infection
- Apply gentle pressure to slow bleeding
- Use cold compresses or ice packs at 20 minute intervals (20 on/20 off) to reduce pain and swelling
If you experience more severe emergencies such as a potentially broken jawbones or soft tissue lacerations that do not stop bleeding after an hour or more, proceed immediately to your local emergency room.
Hampton Dental welcomes patients from Grand Prairie, Duncanville, Lancaster and other nearby areas to visit our Dallas, TX dentistry practice. Don’t hesitate to call our trusted dentist and team to find out more about our dental services or emergency dental care.